Installing Gen 3 stage 2 intercooler soon.

Installing Gen 3 stage 2 intercooler soon.

Postby 05MonteSS » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:08 pm

I just wanted to see if anyone had suggestions as far as upgrading anything that didn't come NEW with a ZZP stage 2 intercooler. I picked the intercooler on there Black Friday sale and getting ready to install it within the next month. I still need to get a set of rails and afew other thing I want to do at the same time. I realize many of you might suggest a Gen V but not going that route as of just yet. So if you have suggestions on what I should upgrade before the install please post your suggestions. Thanks
T Stewart Edition. 3.5Mp,GMPP cat bk,ZZP headers,3"DP,OverKill PCM,ZZP HVTB,K&N CAI,1.9
NEW TOY--1987 Buick Regal Limited T
05MonteSS
Registered

Re: Installing Gen 3 stage 2 intercooler soon.

Postby ShaggyK » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:25 pm

I think some people upgrade the pump??

Not 100% on that, I don't know much lol

04 SS Supercharged
ShaggyK
Registered

Postby 05MonteSS » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:45 pm

Yea I should of asked before buying the kit about the pump but I chose the bosh one so I hope thats good enough. Nice ride ShaggyK just ordered my black headlights last week cant wait to put them on.
T Stewart Edition. 3.5Mp,GMPP cat bk,ZZP headers,3"DP,OverKill PCM,ZZP HVTB,K&N CAI,1.9
05MonteSS
Registered

Postby Swiggles » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:42 pm

the bosch one is plenty, i use the gm pump. youll need to cut your bumper support bar on the bottom or else the fmhe will hang down low and be the first thing to hit something in the road. while you are in there you could do the lim gasket if it hasnt been done yet, and if your doing that then do the coolant block off on the lim. if you just do the dimes trick then you dont even need have the lim off to do it. you might need a bigger belt and a smaller pulley. a hose cutting tool from home depot is a big help too!
ImageImage
Swiggles
Registered

Postby 05MonteSS » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Thanks for the tips swiggles I grabbed a ZZP lim from thegodfather afew months back. Didn't think I had to chop anything up but I don't want it to hang that low so guess some trimming will be done. Maybe I will swing by one of these days and pick ur brain before do the install i'm sure you have afew pointers.
05MonteSS
Registered

Postby Swiggles » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:23 pm

if your the same as gp's and regals then youll to cut it.

stop by whenever you want. the motor is out right now but is going back in by the weekend if you want to come by and take a look.
ImageImage
Swiggles
Registered

Return to Grand Prix