My GTP Shaking Real bad.. Please help

Re: My GTP Shaking Real bad.. Please help

Postby Supercharged03GTP » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:17 pm

So if I do it that way, I won't have to worry about getting an alignment done? I really don't wanna go in for a 3 wheel alignment within a 2 month period.. Lol granted it was cheap because my friend works at a dealership but still.. Lol
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Limited Edition (Stock) for now
Supercharged03GTP
Registered

Postby Justin Dalio GTP » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:03 pm

I never had to disconnect anything to get the axle out when I did them in my driveway. Just take the nut off the axle and turn everything to one side so you have room. If you are doing the drivers side turn the wheel left and passenger side turn wheel right. Axle should have enough room to compress it in and bend it however you need to. Just my 2cents.
13.732 @ 101.74mph
Old: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

New: 2011 Infiniti G37x
Justin Dalio GTP
Registered

Postby Andrew » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:36 pm

have we ruled out control arm bushings?
12.100 @ 109.31
Stage 3 heads & Cam, TOG Headers, S2 Inter-cooled, GenV Blower, N* Throttle Body, 60lb Injectors
Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Supercharged03GTP » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:52 pm

Ok so I replaced the cv axle on the passenger side.. It was sorta a pain in the ass.. Lets just say that I accidentally made a tear in the ball joint boot, but that hopefully won't be an issue for awhile... Needless to say the shaking is gone.. I test drove it and it is good as new.. Only thing now is the power steering pump is whining loud.. I know the rack and pinion has a leak but its leaking internally inside the boot. But tomorrow when I get to work I will put some power steering fluid in if need be and that should make it go away.. Also is it possible that maybe I over tightened anything that would cause the power steering pump to be loud? Aside from that the car is running great. Thanks everyone for the help :)
Supercharged03GTP
Registered

Postby Supercharged03GTP » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:54 am

Never mind.. For some reason before I drove into work, the whining sound from the power steering pump went away... I'm still going to check the fluid level anyways just to make sure.. The ride into work was great.. I feel like I'm driving a new car.. No more shaking, just a nice buttery smooth ride :) you guys are the best! Thanks to everyone for the help I will forever be greatful :D
Supercharged03GTP
Registered

Postby Supercharged03GTP » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:03 am

oppps just a quick follow up.. the whinning noise was indeed the power steering as I suspected.. it was bone dry.. i have a very small leak inside the boot to the rack, so every so often i have to check the level to make sure its not running dry.. Id say once a month a have to check.. im not all too concerned with it right now, plus i dont have the funds to fix it. sorry for the delay on the follow up, I swear id lose my head if it wasnt attached.. lol.. Thanks again to every one who contributed to helping me out, I appreciate it
Supercharged03GTP
Registered

Postby Swiggles » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:10 pm

I got my Ac delco remanufactured rack on amazon for $250, no core. I did it at bills house, it took about 6-8 hours taking our time and taking about an hour brake for lunch and to help max ship his turbo kit. Plus we had to deal with some of my turbo stuff being in the way, and I did control arms at the same time. The rack didn't come with outet tie rods so I bought new ones at the same time too.

If your leak isn't causing issues other than noise then I would put a half a bottle of Lucas power steering fluid and the rest with regular fluid. Don't fill the entire system w the Lucas because it is really thick and our system prefers thinner fluid.
ImageImage
Swiggles
Registered

Previous

Return to Grand Prix