2000 GTP

Re: 2000 GTP

Postby Swiggles » Thu May 15, 2014 11:12 am

did you stick something up the key release hole? my keys comes out of the ignition in an position so i would stick my key up there and turn the cylinder with no problem. the key release button is a manual thing and i dont believe it should have anything to do with a fuse.

do you have a remoter starter? those can reek havick on the ignition system if not install properly.
ImageImage
Swiggles
Registered

Postby Quinlan GTP » Thu May 15, 2014 1:44 pm

So i did the cylinder trick. where you can pop is out. i was able to pop it back in but now the key wont turn at all.
Now the car is stuck in parking lot :(

edit: Iv done some re search a now know what i did wrong, when i put it back in. but still have really no idea how to get back out.also have tried the paper clip to get to release for over a hour with wiggling around and hummer to try to loosen up. but nothing. but since it wont turn at all i cant get to release. I'm thinking i have to drill out the lock because a new cylinder is like $25 with shipping but I'm really hoping someone has a better idea for me! please. added a pic to show what I'm talking about. :arrow:
ImageImage
------------------------------1998 GTP
Quinlan GTP
Registered

Postby Quinlan GTP » Tue May 20, 2014 10:04 pm

Update: Key Cylinder Fixed
ImageImage
Quinlan GTP
Registered

Postby Quinlan GTP » Thu May 22, 2014 8:29 am

ImageImage
Quinlan GTP
Registered

Postby Quinlan GTP » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:49 pm

ImageImage
Quinlan GTP
Registered

Postby Quinlan GTP » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:30 am

Hey Everyone! Been a while so I thought i would stop by and say Hello!

Update time:
The green 98 GTP is now like my baby. I did end up going into the side cover of the tran to do the TCC and the three other sensor while i was in there. Changed the filter and put new oil. Was going to add a shift kit that i got but i changed my mind so i could see it the TCC and other sensors worked and know that it wasn't the shift kits since this was my first time ever going in a trans! Im pretty proud of how it came out. Seems to work! It does have some issue every once and a while. I think i need to add more Trans oil. it was like -4 outside when i was doing the repair, now that its warming up ill have to look again to see where it is at. Also changed a wheel hub,Changed the S/C coupler and changed s/c oil, But there is a new issues i just found out about the other day. Will write about that later. long story short. I need to put new coupler and change oil again asap. as it sounds like rocks under hood. I have some pics to add to! I do need a new driver side cv axle next. Probably do that in a month. or whenever that $ is available. Also only getting half boost at WOT but im thinking that is the s/c bypass valve and will but taking that off this week and see if there is change. I sure hope so. I also must have a small vack leak somewhere because i checked my long fuel trim number and it was about 2.5 in idle. Shorttrim is perfect. .2 or something real low just how i like it. Iv learned so much about these cars over last two years! This summer will be good for the car to get in tip top shape (i hope)

2000 GTP has the same issues it did that day i bought it for 500 three years ago. I did have a fuel line break in the middle of all the cold we had, also changed one coil pack but that's it for that car. It has been a beast since day one and has never really let me down. It does like to play games with me. Will shut off while driving even on highways or just pulling out of drive way. It does have a crankshaft sensor that im 90% is causing those issues. But the real plan for the car is to be my parts car. Im going to take the motor out this summer and trans and rebuild both and try to upgrade as many parts as i can afford. the motor has 300K and we are not on the oil changes. iv only done one because of that oil leaks has gotten worst of the year that we put so much oil i doubt it would do much. But since this was my g/f car i don't really drive it anymore. But i did get her another GTP 4 dr!

2000 gtp (4door) Since i like the GTP so much and i have two kids that it was time for a 4 door and know where else to go but another gtp of course. I was so surprised how hard it was to find a decent gtp for a good price. Rot and rust or just motor issues everywhere. I did have to settle on a gtp the does have rocker rust but besides that it looks good. The strut towers are great. whole rest of body is it good to great shape. So im happy. I did get it from a dealer and have only been able to drive it 60 miles or so befor i brought it back to get some things fixed that they said that would. I hope to pick it up tuesday (3/34/2015) but we will see. at the latest Thursday! But this one will be from my girl so not sure how much i will get to really drive it but the motor and tran are mint and pulls my two other gtp any day. But im working on the 98 and pulling the 2000 so i hope to have all motor flying by next year this time ( probably neeed that TAX MONEY to fix some things next years) and upgrades!

thanks for looking everyone!

[
ImageImage
Quinlan GTP
Registered

Previous

Return to Grand Prix