Here's the progression of my car over the past three and a half years.
Right after I picked it up:
Engine and trans from my last bonneville installed plus some SSE/i tails:
Flared out my bumper:
I resto-ed some 16x8 (22 ET) GP crosslaces and had the centers powdercoated black:
New almost everything suspension with GP AGXs and Eibachs up front with LS1 F-body brakes and Powerslots. Custom 3" drop springs in the rear with air assist shocks.
SS Braided Lines from the fuel tank:
Vac pump setup:
A trip to VA:
DIY front coilovers and 4" rear dropsprings:
E39 headlights and Super RSes from Japan.
2-stage Black Onyx 202 paint:
I had already determined how low I could be with raised drivetrain and modified fenders but I decided to bottom it out anyway to see how the axles would respond.. They shook the whole car so bad that I only drove it a half a block.. here's what it looked like though:
suspension geometry fail.
Headlights cleaned up and Super RSes back on:
How it looked till about a month ago:
And the start of my engine/bay build:
Here are some of the other things I've done that will be in the bay:
The rails are for an L67. (injectors are in the heads) So I had to make the legs and FPR mounting.
(sorry that's as far as that's getting polished)
Anything blue fittings will be black to match the rest, and the rails will be purple.
I stripped the bay, picked up most of the stuff from the powder coater, got the car off the street, fixed the blower motor housing where it had rusted through, and got some obligatory in the engine bay pics.
I've been thinking about a solution to the cracked firewall plastic.. I broke off all of the old plastic and insulation when I was stripping the bay and realized that the bare blower motor housing, if cleaned up, would look just fine. I'm going to give it to the powder coater and have it ceramic coated. That will be simple enough to keep a lot of the heat out and make it look good. I'm also going to give them my STB to have done in purple and probably other things as I go.
My electric water pump is boxed up and ready to be sent out for a rebuild, I've got 8 S1 L67 injectors boxed up and ready to be cleaned/tested, and the parts I need anodized ready to go as well.