The G8 was totaled.

The G8 was totaled.

Postby marcslet23 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:08 pm

I was hit in the drivers side front really hard on Sunday and I got word today they are going to total the G8.. I am pretty upset about it, The car meant more to me than anything.. I was not at fault for the accident.

:( :cry:
2009 Pontiac G8 GT- Roto-fab Intake, Roto-Fab Radiator cover, Superchips Cortex tune, Tinted tail lights, Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust, Tinted Side Markers, Painted Grilles, Painted GXP Diffuser, 3M Clear Bra.
marcslet23
Registered

Re: The G8 was totaled.

Postby hitman92499 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:55 pm

Sorry about the loss...was a nice ride.
1997 Grand Prix GT - The IncREDi-hoopdy - Top Swap - 3.8" Pulley - 180* T-stat - AL104's - GMPP F&R Sway Bars - 12" Front Brake Upgrade - 219000 miles and counting - GETRAG 284 5 Speed build in progress
hitman92499
Registered

Postby deekster_caddy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Agreed, sorry about the loss. Were you hurt?

That was a nice car!
'98 Buick Riviera; Gen V 3.2 pulley, N*, VS Cam, 180 stat, Custom PCM (Powrtuner), headers & HF cat , 42.5 lb inj.
Grant-built/PRJ/Thrasher trans 3.29 gears, 7/8 chain, zzp hardened IS
13.8@101 ET
deekster_caddy
Registered

Postby marcslet23 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:32 am

I hit my head, But I am fine.. The insurance company offered a very low number, I told them absolutely not.. They might end up fixing it if they can't come up with a decent figure. I have over 3000.00 in aftermarket parts invested into the car.
2009 Pontiac G8 GT- Roto-fab Intake, Roto-Fab Radiator cover, Superchips Cortex tune, Tinted tail lights, Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust, Tinted Side Markers, Painted Grilles, Painted GXP Diffuser, 3M Clear Bra.
marcslet23
Registered

Postby Slizzo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:30 am

Oh damn man, that sucks. Sorry it had to happen!!

I hit a deer just before x-mas on the Berlin Tpke (yeah, WTF?). Fixed for $7,100. Hood, bumper cover, fender repair, paint, lights and that's about it. You should get at least $20k for it IMO.
2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT, Roto-Fab CAI, ARH 1 3/4" Longtubes, OBX axlebacks, GXP Diffuser, leather console cover & shift boot - Pre-Longtubes 331rwhp/342rwtq
**Winter Setup : 17x8" MSW Type 15 +40mm offset, 225/55/17 Michelin X-Ice Xi2**
**Summer Setup : 20x9.5" Voxx Misano +40mm offset, 275/30/20 Frnt, 285/30/20 Rear Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110** FOR SALE!
Slizzo
Registered

Postby marcslet23 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Yeah they made me an offer of 22K and I turned it down.. These cars in my area are running about 23-26K depending on miles. We are still going back in forth on this almost a month deep in it now.. They are saying they are not going to work with me on the aftermarket parts and I think that they better come up with something good.. Even if they do there is a pretty good chance I am going to take the Corsa exhaust system off the car and put the stock one back on there.

I don't plan on replacing the G8, It will be the one and only.. However if I found a smoking deal on a GXP that was white I would consider it. Still kills me to see the car like this, Going to clean it out is going to hurt.
marcslet23
Registered

Postby supercharged_gt » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:40 am

That sucks,why do they want to total it ? I got all my money back for my mods plus what i payed for the car,or are they going to total it so they can fix it and sell it,lot of companys do that now,someone in texas is enjoying my grand prix,it just pisses me off,hope all goes well for you.....
supercharged_gt
Registered

Postby marcslet23 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:00 am

supercharged_gt wrote:That sucks,why do they want to total it ? I got all my money back for my mods plus what i payed for the car,or are they going to total it so they can fix it and sell it,lot of companys do that now,someone in texas is enjoying my grand prix,it just pisses me off,hope all goes well for you.....

There is like over 13K in body panels and lights.. I was told by an inside source my car totals at 18K and change.. So with labor and paint its way up there.. Half the car needs to be repainted.
marcslet23
Registered

Postby ShaggyK » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:20 pm

I read your thread over on GPONA and came here to see if there was a thread here too, this really sucks man, I hope the insurance company doesn't fuck you too bad. I had commerce when I got rear ended in the Monte and they were huge assholes about the whole process, so I do know what you're dealing with.

Best of luck to you and glad to hear you're not hurt.

04 SS Supercharged
ShaggyK
Registered

Postby marcslet23 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Yeah they are giving me shit, And they sent me a survey on friday and I gave them a piece of my mind.. This will be the last time I ever deal with Commerce.
marcslet23
Registered

Postby Swiggles » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Ya commerce can suck but honestly it depends on who you get to cover your case. I have commerce and so does my girlfriend, i got into an accident in her car and her insurance had been cancelled and we didnt realize that. So i said can we cover it under my insurance but at first they said no because we are in the same house. I told no she had moved back out and the car was never registered to that address anyways, just the insurance bill got sent there. The woman said shed have to talk to her boss. 2 weeks go by, i get a letter from the other guys insurance saying they want the money for his car, i call commerce back and the said they were going to cover us under my insurance, i was shocked and thrilled!

The thing with insurance is that they are trained not to pay you, they do all that they can to not send the money because most people just give up and take it in the ass from them. if you fight, and you have to be pleasant about it, they will eventually give you the money if you dont give up.
ImageImage
Swiggles
Registered

Postby marcslet23 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Yeah I know, A friend of mine runs Advanced Auto Body in Worcester and he has been helping me through all of this.. This accident happened in the first week of December and they have made a couple of offers and I have turned them down. They were using some V6 G8's to reference the prices and I told them they are using the wrong model car. I told them to fix it if they don't want to pay the cost of it, It doesn't matter to me. I am not getting screwed because another Commerce customer smashed into me, Why should I be penalized for someone else's negligence.
marcslet23
Registered

Postby Swiggles » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:00 pm

ya having someone at the body shop deal with them helps alot, good luck with everything!
ImageImage
Swiggles
Registered

Postby marcslet23 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:43 pm

Thanks, Hoping to get this sorted out shortly.. I had the Corsa system taken off the car, I will end up selling that at some point and hopefully get some money back for it.
marcslet23
Registered

Return to G8